Wednesday, August 21, 2013

TWO BONUS RECIPES! VEGAN VEGGIE BURGERS & RAW MOCK CHICK'N SALAD!!


Howdy on this beautiful day!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WHAT I ATE:
BR: Green Smoothie: banana, spirulina, 2 pear, peach, pineapple, one date; steel cut oatmeal with fresh blueberry and ground up apple 
LN: Lunch Out - big salad with chick peas, roasted artichoke, roasted red pepper, fresh cukes, tomato, carrot, red onion w/ a little balsamic, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp. russian dressing 
SN: fresh juice - 1.5 apples, pineapple, 1/2 lime, 1/2 lemon 
DN: cooked whole foods vegan dinner - 2 homemade veggie burgers, a little leftover mushroom mix with quinoa
Walk: good 40 mins walk at the zoo and at the mall.

I had a good but very trying day, emotionally.  Today was day 9, no binges, (YAY!!) but I felt ALOT of uncomfortable emotions and fears surface, namely discouragement and fear I wasn't losing weight fast enough, through much of the day.  I am absolutely positive this diet is GREAT for my binge eating (not compulsive).  But I was left feeling very worried about how it would affect my WEIGHT.  I did get weighed and there is a good loss, but I've lost ALOT more on more RADICAL diets.

Knowing my eating is under control (THANK YOU GOD) and that this eating plan is moderate and thus SUSTAINABLE helped pull through the discouragement about slow loss.  Better to lose slow and keep it off, really changing my habits, than to lose super fast and gain it all back in a week.

Cliff and I decided it is best to weigh myself no more than 1x/month.

Food wise, it was another good day.

I tried to eat less meals, but was unsuccessful.

We took a walk at a mall.

After our big breakfast, we were hungry around 3pm.

We went to this great pizza shop near the zoo we know that serves awesome salads.  I got a huge salad with such good fixings.  That was the best salad I've had in a long time.  Can we say ROASTED ARTICHOKE? OMG, wanna give up SOY?  Just roast up some canned or jarred asparagus.  I swear, those artichoke hearts had the meatiness of wheat meat or soy meat, without being BAD. They were so the bomb, I just got back from the market with two jars of what-do-you-think?  Artichoke hearts.

No processed fake-meats anymore.  Yay.

We went for a good walk at the zoo.  p.s. I pet and fed the giraffe....and pet Ollie, the goat :-) Luscious!!!!!!!!!

When we got home from the zoo, we were so parched from the heat, I made a quick cold fresh juice using a method I learned in Victoria Boutenko's raw cooking video the other night.  You just throw everything with water into the Vitamix, add a little ice, blend, pour through a nutmilk bag, and oila', fresh juice faster than any juicer I've ever used.  Fabulous!!

The veggie burgers I made for dinner are awesome but came out bland because i'm being very judicious with the salt, though it pains me.  But they ARE good. I did them 4 at a time in a teflon pan.  I made a lot, like 12. I was on my feet all night (and worked all day).  I was pooped.

Curiously, my feet did NOT hurt at work today.  (Interesting because i was on them the previous day all day AND night).

Next time i eat fish or dairy, i will let you know if they hurt.

+ + + + + + + + + + + 



VEGAN HOMEMADE VEGGIE BURGERS


1,000 FLAVOR COMBINATIONS!

For vegan homemade veggie burgers, i follow a format - veggie / nut / grain / bean.  I learned this from my friend Talia.  She had the saddest look on her face when i told her I loved boxed veggie burgers. Now Talia smiles when I tell her what I've made.   
Using this format, you can make literally thousands of veggie burger flavors!

Last night I made:
veggie: redbeets, onion, thyme, mushroom, carrot, celery, garlic (food processed, raw)
nut: cashew (food processed, raw)
grain: quinoa/barley/oatmeal (left whole, cooked)
bean: red kidney beans (left whole, cooked)  
I mishmoshed it all together and formed patties.  It is actually SO much easier to bake them, which I will do next time.   duh!

+ + + + + + + + + + ++ + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ + + 

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Br: no breakfast: iced green tea, unsweetened 
Sn: smoothie: banana, almond milk, vanilla
Sn: starving: 4 oz. raw mock chick'n salad 
Ln: very big garden salad with 8 oz. raw mock chick'n salad and raw ranch dressing
Dn: cooked vegan whole foods dinner: 1 homemade veggie burger, 2 slices sprouted grain Ezekiel bread, sliced tomato 
Sn: late night hunger - 1 veggie burger, 3 peaches 

I woke up this morning not feeling hungry!  I guess dinner was heavier than I thought!

Boy, when it finally hit me, it hit!  The banana smoothie (only about 1 banana in it) did little to fill my belly. The raw mock chick'n salad I'd made quieted it for the moment and was MMM...so good!!

It was so good, in fact, I had a lot more for lunch. MMMMM!!!

I thought I could perhaps get away without any dinner tonight, but around 5pm, I felt famished.

And I didn't plan on having bread, but the sprouted Ezekiel was staring me in the face after Cliff's dinner.

And then 9pm, I was starving again!  Oh my.....

No walk tonight.... :-((


+ + + + + + + + + + + + 

I don't have real amounts, but here's how you can make a phenomenal raw mock chick'n.  Guestimated amounts!

RAW MOCK CHICK'N SALAD
  • about 4 cups almond pulp
  • scallions, maybe 1/3 cup sliced
  • herbs chopped: fresh rosemary, thyme, dillweed, and some dried poultry seasoning
  • chopped celery, maybe 2 cups, fine
  • lemon, a few Tbsps
  • salt, maybe 1/2 Tbsp
  • garlic, one clove crushed
  • cashew cream, about 1 cup

My legs felt heavy and my knees really bothered me today....feels like I'm holding water again. So frustrating. Despite my best efforts, there is salt everywhere and my poor tounge calls for it.  The salad out-to-eat must have had alot of hidden sodium in it.

And the mock chick'n salad has salt.  But I couldn't resist, I was so hungry.

Good news....day 10 binge free!

My co-worker at Raw Can Roll said I am indeed looking better.  That makes it all worth it.

xoxo michelle joy

No comments: